4/21/13

Run #17: April 21, 2013: Iowa, Council Bluffs

State #17, April 21, 2013
The Gambler Half Marathon and 5K

Crossing the Missouri River into...


I finished 32nd overall with a time of 24:49 out of about 250 runners and received a great plaque for 2nd in my age group.

About 45 degrees when I got to the run site, and I found all of these people in line...

For ...


National Anthem and remembering the casulties at Boston.

The half marathon runners started first.

Then the 5K runners took off.


After about 1/2 mile...
Before the run, I found a ballerina girl, Kelly.

And after about a mile, the course had a turnaround, and I found Kelly coming at me. Kelly says she wears the tutu because she can easily find herself in pictures.

Into the last mile...

Approaching the finish.

This is Roger, a dentist in the area. I spotted him about 300 yards from the finish line, and I thought "He might be in my age group," so we raced to the finish line. Turns out, he is in the next older age group as he is a young 68.
How bout them legs.
We decided that if we both placed in our age group, we would get another picture together. He won his and I finished 2nd in mine

My Iowa run, the Gambler 5k, was a great event, and I am glad I was able to participate.




17 States Completed (blue).
Scheduled for April and May (red).

No comments:

Post a Comment