2/3/13

5K #7, February 3, 2013: New Mexico, Albuquerque

State # 7
5K #7: SUPER BOWL RUN -- "TOUCHDOWN FOR THE HOMELESS" 10k, 5k, and Kids K

It is Super Bowl Sunday and a 5K in Albuquerque, NM in the neighborhood around Griegos Elementary School?

These Albuquerque ladies and the Super Bowl MVP have something in common...

They are going to Disney World, but the ladies are going to run a 5K or maybe a half marathon.
Lining up at the starting line, I am the only Texan of 247 running.

And we are off (taken by me while running). I did pass the itty bitty kid on the right, but none of the rest of them.
Sore from yesterday, I still ran a good first mile in about 8 minutes.
But by the finish...
My Achilles (plural) were killing me but not as much as the 4800 foot Albuquerque altitude.
I know -- excuses are for losers...
Which I was because I finished 4th in my age group (75th out of 247) with a 27:29 -- no soup (or medal) for me.
But I did enjoy the goodies after the run.

And, I found another ballerina, Gabriella (see Run #3 at Gulf Shores).
The next scheduled run is in Chapel Hill, NC in 20 days.
Runs Completed (blue). Scheduled for February and March (red).

February 23: North Carolina, Chapel Hill. 20th Annual Shamrock "N" Run 5K
February 24: Virginia, Williamsburg. 34th Annual Sentara Colonial Half Marathon & 5K
March 3: Oklahoma, Ardmore. A2A Arbuckles to Ardmore Race for Mercy Marathom, Half Marathon, and 5K
March 16: Nevada, Las Vegas. 12th Annual Run Away with Cirque du Soleil 5K Run and 1-Mile Fun Walk at the Springs Preserve

No comments:

Post a Comment