2/2/13

5K #6, February 2, 2013: Arizona, Surprise (close to Phoenix) and spring training home of the Texas Rangers

State #6
Sunrise in the desert near Phoenix, Arizona. It's the Desert Marathon, Half Marathon, and 5K.
Checking in
The marathoners and half marathoners line up to start at 7 a.m. (sunrise is at 7:20)

26 or 13 miles to go for these runners.
At 7:20, the 5K starts. I am without Jeannie on this trip, so I ran with my iPhone.
This is a picture taken while running -- about 1/2 mile into the run.
About 20 ahead of me and 100 behind me. I passed the lady in the yellow and ran ahead of her for about a mile where she passed me and slowly pulled away.
Heading to the finish line.


Time: 25:28
21st out of 130 who ran and 3rd in my age group. Good enough for the bronze medal.
Snacks after the run.
The course was about 4 miles from the ball park in Surprise, Arizona where the Texas Rangers have spring training.
The Rangers will be here in about a week.
On Sunday, the 7th 5K state, New Mexico. It is the The Superbowl Run in Albuquerque.
Runs Completed (blue). Scheduled for February (red).
February 3: New Mexico, Albuquerque. The Superbowl Run
February 23: North Carolina, Chapel Hill. 20th Annual Shamrock "N" Run 5K
February 24: Virginia, Williamsburg. 34th Annual Sentara Colonial Half Marathon & 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment