1/19/13

5K #4 January 19, 2013: South Carolina, Charleston

Charleston, South Carolina: 5K #4





The Shrimp and Grits 5K -- an event that is part of the 3rd ANNUAL Charleston Marathon, Going the Distance for the Arts


I got some new shoes last week--from Run On in Coppell, Texas


Mine are the red ones.
With my fellow runner.


Right before the start. 39 degrees in Charleston.



The marathoners started in downtown Charleston, but we 5Kers ran a loop in the neighborhood near North Charleston High School

I finished 67th out of 704 who ran the Shrimp and Grits 5k and second in my age group.



And the best part: the Shrimp and Grits. Those are the 3Dudes, a young teen band, playing behind me. They were great too. Seriously, they were.


I received a commemorative glass for my 2nd place In the 60-64 age group.



One more run is scheduled for January, the MLK5K in Atlanta in two days on Martin Luther King day.

No comments:

Post a Comment